L´Aura barrels product line was specially created for aged wines. The wood of carefully selected French and Hungarian oaks with the extra fine grain contribute an extraordinary complexity of aromas, smooth and elegant tannins. L’Aura barrels are designed to release its aromas and tannins gently perfectly matching long aging wines.
Barrels L’Aura are made from French oak (Quercus petraea) from the Bellary forest (central France) and the exclusive selection of the Hungarian oak (Quercus frainetto/petrarea). The rigorous manual selection of the wood guarantees the extra fine grain in all staves (less than 1 mm). Moreover, the controlled drying outdoors for more than 40 months ensures the correct and uniform maturation through enzymatic process. All these create the base of the quality mark for L´Aura barrels.
|Oak||Grain||Stave thickness||Minimum drying|
|French||Extra fine||27 mm||40 months|
|Hungarian||Extra fine||27 mm||40 months|
225 – 228 – 500 litres
LIGHT– MEDIUM – MEDIUM PLUS – STRONG – HIGH EXPRESSION
We always make traditional toasting using toasting pots with open oak wood fire, control of the temperature and the know-how of our coopers. This is how we reach the uniform toasting of the entire surface of the barrel. By default, we do not toast the bottoms since the wood intended for the bottoms undergoes a longer drying time, which guarantees its quality. At the request of the client we toast them as well.
- L´Aura barrels pass rigorous quality control during the entire process of the production: from the reception of the wood to crafting the barrel.
- All barrels pass leakage check before the delivery.
- Barrels produced by Tonelería Duero are certified according to the Registro Sanitario de Alimentos 39.02948/BU.
- Laser marks applied on each barrel allows to trace every barrel and to find out all information from the origin of the wood to the process of manufacturing of the particular barrel.
- We provide 2 year guarantee in case any defects of the manufacturing occur.
- After-sales technical service is provided.
- Customer branding could be applied on the barrel upon request.
- Metal or wooden barrel supports.
- Manufacturing of mixed barrels upon request.
- Accessories for winemaking and other processes (valves, spigots, faucets, bungs for barrels, others).